Would you like your tweens to experience a fun, positive, engaging, interactive and informative puberty education, life skills & empowerment programme?
For a no-obilgation quote please contact us with your cohort numbers and preferred Term.
Your preferred provider for Primary / Intermediate in-school education (also available for youth groups). Now NZ-wide!
The programme includes puberty education alongside parts of our ”Body Talk©’ Programme looking at self esteem, body image, media awareness, critical thinking skills and more. For Year 7/8 additional components of cyber safety, ok/not ok – looking after self and media manners / anti-bullying are included.
Delivered over a full school day and designed at two levels for Yr 5/6 & Yr 7/8.
We meet with the parents/whanau for 75 mins (during an afternoon/evening), some time prior to meeting with the children, to discuss with them the course outline, answer questions etc.
Please note some schools choose not hold a parents/whanau evening.
We then provide a fun educational session for the students (meeting boys and girls together and separately throughout the day dependent on subject matter).
Topics included (but not limited to):
- Changes are normal in body & mind.
- Changes happen at different times for different people.
- Understanding glands. Naming hormones and changes. Exploring the science.
- Particular changes in boys & girls. Physical, social & emotional.
- How to manage changes .
- Personal Hygiene, Nutrition, Hydration, Exercise, Sleep.
- Body acceptance.
- Greater responsibility. Building trust.
- Safe choices for handling changing emotions/feelings. Emotional Intelligence.
- Techniques for good decision making. Critical thinking skills.
- Self Esteem. Individuality. Body Wonderment.
- Media influence: ‘what’s real’ . Examples of image tweaking.
- Accurate information. Correct words for parts of the body.
- Simple diagrams of anatomy.
- Age appropriate information about the biology of changes occurring at puberty in the reproductive region (production/release of reproductive cell(s), menstruation in girls and erection/ejaculation (wet dream) in boys.
- Sharing the good things & fears about becoming a grown up.
- Look at pads, period undies, tampons & cups (including eco friendly options). Talk about the “Old days”. School policy for disposal. (Girls only).
- Where to go for answers to questions and or fears: People you trust and have the knowledge.
- An opportunity for questions (we encourage the use of a sealed question box the week leading up to the programme).
Additional content for Yr 7/8
- Cyber safety: password protection, privacy settings, reporting & more.
- Additional body image and self esteem work.
- OK/Not OK : Looking after self activity.
- Anti-bullying: Media manners.
There are also occasions where we are asked to include information targeting specific issues for a school: i.e. anti-drug awareness (‘huffing’), safe ways to manage stress (addressing self harming issues) etc. In addition we have an ‘add on’ to this Programme if requested: ‘How are babies made’. Please discuss with us at time of inquiry.
PUBERTY EDUCATION and NOT SEX EDUCATION!
The teaching material & media utilised is varied, relevant and constantly updated, including:
- Interactive group activities
- Work sheets
- Illustrations drawn by Kiwi artist
- Cartoon clips
- Question & Answer session (Anonymous question box)
- Girls sample bags with products or vouchers
- (Boys sample bags available at an additional cost)
- Homework / Activity Sheet
- Parents Evening & further resources supplied online
- Parent access to puberty / body image book recommendations via website
- Teacher follow-up activities supplied online
Click here for Testimonials & our most recently visited schools!
Positive Puberty Plus©: Cost
Fees will vary depending on your requirements and are outlined below.
- Payment is by internet banking, PayPal or cheque.
- Please note that all in-school and group education packages are quoted exclusive of GST
2018: CURRENTLY AWAITING NEWS OF ANY GRANTS AVAILABLE THROUGH NFNZ FOR THIS PROGRAMME! For more details go here: NFNZ Grant Details
‘Positive Puberty Plus©’ Programme Costing Guideline: * We are flexible within reason re. the numbers of children in each group with a suggested maximum of 50 & an absolute maximum of 60.
We charge per group not per head.
Initial Parents Evening: $195 (~75 mins)
Tweens Session: 1 group = max. numbers: ~25-30 boys AND ~25-30 girls
- 1 group $400 (indicative of $6.67 / student) plus Parents Evening $595.00 + GST
- 2 groups $800 (indicative of $6.67 / student) plus Parents Evening $995.00 + GST
- 3 groups $1200 (indicative of $6.67 / student) plus Parents Evening $1395.00 + GST
If the venue is outside of a city centre by more than 40 km there may be specific booking Terms / Weeks and/or cost neg. due to travel/accommodation allowance: please contact us to discuss.
Please ensure cancellations are made with at least 48 hours notice to avoid a 50 – 100% charge