Are you looking for a holistic, thought provoking, informative & empowering sexuality, respectful relationships, fertility & sexual responsibility programme for teen girls/boys?
Your preferred provider for in-school education Yr 9 -13 (also available for Youth Groups). Now NZ-wide!
The programme is outlined below however can be tailored to the needs/requirements of each group. Topics can be included or excluded. The Educator does not give opinions or favour any choices offered. It is a safe, sensitive and factual programme.
The ‘Teen Talks©’ – Fertility Awareness & Responsibility! is a holistic programme designed to provide accurate, up to date information for personal development, informed choices & good decision making. It is thought provoking and empowering.
This programme covers the following & more. It is a pick and mix programme designed to be individualised for each school/group.
- Discussion as to what a healthy relationship is
- Safe choices for handling changing emotions/feelings. Emotional intelligence
- Techniques for good decision making. Critical thinking skills
- Fertility / Sexual health and Responsibility
- ‘Taking care of me’ Gynae exam / Breast exam information for girls / Testicular exam information for boys
- Implications of teenage pregnancy
- Making informed decisions, ‘What’s on the market?’: Factual information about all Family Planning/Contraception (% Effectiveness / How they work (mechanics) / Side Effects):
– Natural Family Planning (charting) Natural Family Planning (Sympyto-Thermal – – Method, Lactational Amenorrhoea Method & Billings)
– Long term Hormonal Methods (Depo Provera, Implanon, etc)
– The Pill (Combined & Mini, 21 & 28 day)
– Vaginal Ring / Patch (not currently available in NZ)
– Female Condom
– The Sponge
– Withdrawal & other ineffective options
– Tubal Ligation
– Future ideas!
- Fertility awareness: an understanding of the reproductive systems. (the menstrual cycle; its relationship to fertility & a woman’s normal cyclical symptoms).
- Fertility decline and pre-conceptual importance
- Your amazing body 🙂
- Overview of reproductive anatomy
- Hormones & Fertility
- Ovulation & Fertilisation : Combined male/female fertility patterns
- PMS (see article here)
- Personal values and sexual relationship for the future
- The Emergency ‘Contraception’ (Pill & IUD)
- STIs : What are they, how to avoid, testing, what to do if diagnosed
- The meaning & understanding of ‘consent’
- Sexuality, gender, diversity and acceptance
- Media Awareness & Responsibility: Issues such as internet porn, responsible communication (Text, Instagram, Twitter, Snap Chat, AskFM etc) & identity safety. Discussion about sexting dangers.
- Dangers/Effects of pornography: discussion and evidence.
- Always finishing with ‘Confidence, Empowerment and Body Wonderment’.
The programme is a mixture of PowerPoint, DVD clips, discussion, group activity and presentation dependent on class size and time allowed.
Parents Evening available if required: Permission forms & take home literature supplied.
Dependent on preference: actual contraceptive sample items or pictures of items are utilised throughout.
If discussing ‘Implications of birthing and raising a child’ Egg care activity.
The ‘Teen Talks©’ – Fertility Awareness & Responsibility Programme is offered to teenagers (girls / boys in Yr 10 – Yr 13).
This programme has the option to begin with a Parents/Whanau information Evening (75 mins).
“An informative lesson for our Year 10 girls based at just the right level to have them engaged and responding. Excellent work and we will see you next year!” DP Central Auckland Catholic Girls School
“My class learnt about types of contraception and how they work. We also found out about what our body is telling us naturally. It was really fascinating and made us think. I particularly enjoyed seeing the video clips and the womens health care items you brought in. Thank you from the class.” Yr 11 Student
“An excellent class covering many important aspects. Pitched perfectly for our Year 10’s; they were involved, focused and able to take away valuable information. We have already booked for next year!” Pastoral Care Coordinator. Pinehurst College
Click here for Testimonials & our most recently visited schools!
Teen Talks©: Cost
Fees will vary depending on your requirements and are outlined below.
- Payment is by internet banking, PayPal, cash or cheque.
- Please note that all in-school and group education packages are quoted exclusive of GST
2018: CURRENTLY AWAITING NEWS OF ANY GRANTS AVAILABLE THROUGH NFNZ FOR THIS PROGRAMME! For more details go here: NFNZ Grant Details
Programme cost guideline: Please enquire.
Parents Evening if required: $195
Hours required depend on the chosen Programme contents.
Max. number in each class = negotiable
Please ask for a quote which will depend on the specifics of the programme / number of students / length of each programme
If the venue is outside of a main centre there may be specific Terms/Weeks available &/or an additional accommodation/travel allowance.
Please ensure cancellations are made with at least 48 hours notice to avoid a 50% charge.