A special kit for girls as they start their journey towards womanhood. A fantastic way to open and continue conversations about growing up. It has everything a girl needs to feel prepared for her first period including a menstrual calendar & two great guides answering all those tricky questions about puberty, menarche and menstrual product options. Watch out for some special surprise treats inside too! Scroll down for a full description.
A special kit for girls as they start their journey towards womanhood. A fantastic way to open and continue conversations about growing up. (and, for those who have worked with Nest at school it provides continuity from Nest’s School Programmes to Home).
It has everything a girl needs to feel prepared for her first period including a menstrual calendar & two great guides answering all those tricky questions about puberty, menarche and menstrual product options. Watch out for some special surprise treats inside too!
It will be sent to you discretely (the sticker on the box only states ‘your starter pack’)
The nest.box© includes:
- Nest’s Welcome to the Journey towards Womanhood Card
- Growing Up Bracelet
- Nest’s Guide to Periods Leaflet
- Nest’s Guide to Menstrual Product Choices Leaflet
- Specially designed Menstrual Calendar (to learn how to track your cycle)
- Wheatie Heat Pack (for those tummy twinges)
- Stress Ball (to manage those emotions)
- Pen and Note Book (to manage those feelings)
- Emoji stickers (mood swings…me!)
- Fun Sleep Mask (to ensure your 8-10 hours of slumber)
- Funky socks (cause puberty means we have to wash them more often!)
- Herbal Tea Bags – Blood Orange of course! (to help relax)
- Cute Purse to discreetly store products in school bag (you’ve got this 🙂 )
- Pack of wet wipes (always handy)
- Hygiene product sample (i.e. facial wash)
- Fun Lip Balm
- Sanitary disposal bags
- A large variety of Period Products: (our sample products are examples of many different brands available in NZ including environmentally responsible products i.e. 100% cotton). Exact contents may vary however will always include samples of the following:
- non-applicator tampons
- applicator tampons
- regular pads
- night-time pad
- panty liners
- discount coupons for product
- Some gorgeous goodies and treats! Chocolate (of course!) & frooze balls
IN ADDITION, FOR A FULLER CONVERSATION ABOUT ALL PRODUCTS AVAILABLE IN NZ, YOU CAN ADD IN THE FOLLOWING ITEMS:
The options are:
Modibodi undies (limit of 1)
For girls/women who prefer not to use tampons or pads. Modibodi is made from natural and synthetic fibres including Merino and Bamboo to ensure comfort. Built-in protection from light leaks, periods, sweat and odour. Made from patented Modifier Technology. Classic bikini : light – moderate Flow: 10ml = 1-1½ tampons or 1-2 teaspoon. For using alone on light-medium period days, as back up on heavy period days, for sneaky leaks and heavy discharge.
Charlie Banana washable pad (limit of 1)
Comfortable and stylish. Free from perfume, chlorine and chemicals. The top layer of super-soft microfleece makes these unbelievably stain-free! They are backed with waterproof PUL and lined with absorbent, quick drying microfibre. Colours & designs will vary. Regular 20cm long x 7cm wide.
‘Hello’ Menstrual Cup for Teens (limit of 1)
Designed for teenagers trying a cup for the first time. It is smaller that the Hello Cup S/M and has a slightly thicker inner rim to help it pop open easier. The TEEN cup is super soft and comfortable. The Hello Cup is proudly made and designed in New Zealand using top notch medical grade TPE (a type of plastic) imported from Germany.